Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dad and Family




I wanted to share some pictures of time spent together with family while I have been in Ohio helping Dad following his open heart surgery.
Gary and Donna live in the area so I've gotten spend some time with them. Donna and Leah came and took me out to lunch one day.


Becky lives in Cleveland, but she has been down a couple of times on weekends. The weekend Dad was in the hospital, she came down and spent the day at the hospital with Dad and I.


Today Gary, Becky, Leah and the boys came over for a visit. It was a beautiful day and we all sat around on the front porch enjoying one another. Leah's boys got new bikes for their birthdays so they got to try them out on Opapa's big driveway. Dad started getting a little tired and it was lunch time so they headed out and we headed in.
Dad has gotten really good at doing the exercises the theripist has taught him and encouraged him to do. He usually gets two or three walks in each day. We usually end our walks by sitting ont he porch and enjoying their flowers that are still blooming.

This week we went to get an x-ray at the downtown hospital. Yesterday we went to his internist's office. There he had an EKG and the doctor looked at the x-rays. He is pretty tired today. His appetite is still not very big and usually forces himself to eat even though he doesn't feel like eating.
Keep praying for him. He gets overwhelmed thinking about me leaving and not having me around to care for him. Guess he thinks none will take care of him like his little girl. That may be true, but we are trying to take measures to be sure that he has everything he needs when I leave.
I'll be heading home on Wednesday morning. I have very mixed emotions about leaving. I'm a little worried about him too. I know that God is in control and that He has promised to never leave nor forsake us. I can trust God to use His people to take care of my Dad. I'm so thankful to my husband for sending me up to be here for this time. He's anxious for me to be home after cooking, cleaning and doing laundry on his own for 3 weeks. What a trooper. I sure do miss him too.

No comments: